Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How do we pray?

One thing I am really struggling with right now is serving my family with a good attitude, and with love. Not because I don't love them. I do...VERY much. The reason I struggle with this is because when I see them for the first time after 7 hours of them being at school, all they do is ask me for things. There is no greeting, no, "I missed you mom", or "Let me tell you about my day". We just go straight to, "Mom, can I have....", "Mom, I want....", "Mom, why don't we have...?". It is always just a list of demands, nothing but "I wants".

Is that how we approach our Heavenly Father? When we talk to him, do we express our love for him, our adoration? Do we tell him all of the wonderful things and blessings we are experiencing? Do we ever just talk to him? Or do we pray only when we need something? He wants a relationship with us. Don't hear me wrong, please. God wants us to express what we need. He wants us to pray for things. But he also just wants to hear from us. As much as we want this from our children, God deserves it way more than we do.