Friday, October 8, 2010

Why I believe what I believe

In life, we have many choices. Some important, some not so much.
I just want to talk about one choice. That is the choice to either believe in God, or not to believe in him.
One side says God created the world and everything in it. The other side says that there was a big bang, then things just started evolving from that. One side says there is no life after death. The other side believes that we will live after we die. Where we will live depends on our life and our faith in God.
One side believes that life has a devine purpose, that our lives really mean something. I'm not really sure what the other side believes on this issue to be honest. But since there is no God, no life after death, then I would assume they believe life has no meaning.
This is why I believe what I believe.

1. I don't see how so much can come out of a bang. If there was nothing, how could anything just "Bang" and the universe, life, everything just start to form? Start to evolve? From nothing!!!! Life is too intelligent. I can't see how anyone can think that such intelligence could just form. That nothing created the way things are. How would we know how to show any emotions, and feeling if that hadn't been placed in our hearts?

2. I believe in life after death because I can't bear to get through this life, the suffering, the pain, the struggles not knowing that I have something to look forward to when my time here is done. I can't accept my blessings, my joys, my triumphs without knowing that someone has blessed me with them. Also, if you have ever had a pack of diapers fly half way across your living room with no one you can see putting the force into it, you would have no choice but to believe in ghosts, therefore life after death.

3. I believe life has a devine purpose and meaning simply because if it didn't...what is the point?

4. I choose to believe because bottom line...It is a choice. If I have a choice between believing in something that gives me hope, something that promises me a future, something that promises me love, forgiveness and mercy, something that promises me that I will be rewarded for my life on this earth, for choosing obedience and faith, and believing that everything here on this earth has no purpose, no meaning, no future, no hope? Seems like a simple choice to me.

Although I do not believe this at all. I have full confidence of my future. If when I die, everything I have put my complete faith and hope in turns out to be nothing more than a fable, not true at all, what do I have to lose? I will die, and simply cease to exist. But if someone who chooses to believe that there is no one who created us, no God, no Christ, no real purpose in life, and at the end of their life, they come face to face with the God who created them, who gave them life, who wanted nothing but good for their life and loved them so much, they have to, for all eternity live with their choice.

I don't choose out of fear. I don't choose God because I would rather be safe than sorry. I choose because it seems like a no brainer to me.