Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If God leads you to it....

I am sure you have heard the saying, "If God leads you to it, he will get you through it." I am sure you have only thought of it as God getting us through the trials in life. I have found a new meaning in that saying.

I had the privelage to go to Abilene for a few days for an awesome event called "Summit". Though we weren't able to stay for the whole thing, I can honestly say that this is the one I have been the most blessed by. God's timing has really proven to be perfect to me.
I am doing a bible study about faith, discussing faith with a friend, and much of what we talked about at Summit was faith.

One scripure I have really been convicted by is Hebrews 10:38

Hebrews 10:38 (New International Version)
But my righteous one will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back,
I will not be pleased with him."


I was able to use that scripture to give me the courage to talk to an atheist friend about faith.

But while we were in Abilene, an incident came up and we found ourselves in the waiting room of the emergency room. The people in the waiting room were very obviousely without God. I kept hearing that still, small voice saying "Pray with them". over and over. I kept saying to it, " I can't..can't you start me off small, like one person, not an entire waiting room of people? I have never done anything like this". Still, I kept hearing, "You need to pray with these people", I kept saying, "What do I say to them, how do I do it?" Yes, it was a real conversation I was having in my heart with the Holy Spirit. I did hear responses to my questions. Unfortunately, I did not obey the Spirit. I was a coward.

On the way home, I could not stop thinking about it. Then I heard that still, small voice say, "If I lead you to it, I will get you through it." I had been relying on my own strength, and my own ability to get me through that.

Philippians 4:13 (New Living Translation)
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength

I didn't need to "know how to do it" God led me to that place, told me what to do. All I had to do was let him lead me through it.