There are some things one has to learn before he/she can plant a garden:
1. If you plant seeds in the wrong season, they will not grow.
2. If you do not water the seeds enough at first, they will not grow.
3. Some plants need shade, some need full sun.
4. Some plants need lots of water, while some flourish more when neglected.
5. Sometimes the instructions that come with the plant don't work well. you have to get to know your plant to know exactly what it needs.
6. If you don't clip the old growth off the plant, new pretty stuff can't grow.
7. Once you clip a flower from it's plant, it doesn't take long for it to die.
All plants are different. They don't all need the same care, or the same environment to survive.
The same is true with Christians. We are all different. In the next several blog posts, I will explore how like plants we really are.
1 Corinthians 3:5-9 (New Living Translation)
5 After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. 6 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. 7 It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. 9 For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.