Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Guacamole

I learned a little lesson while making guacamole this morning. I will share it with you. So you can learn a culinary lesson, as well as a spiritual one! Or maybe just one of the two ;)

If you have ever made guacamole, you probably know that it is a pain in the neck to keep it from turning brown. Here are some tips to keeping it pretty and green.
1. The first thing to do is keep the avocado pit (seed) in the guacamole. You have to have the pit showing for it to really work. In the center is the best.
2. press plastic wrap on top of the guacamole, press the wrap firmly over the guacamole, allowing no air to get in there.

I wish I had taken pictures. But I'm sure you get the point.

This is what I learned. We are like the guacamole, and Jesus is like the pit. We have to keep Jesus right in the center of us, where everyone can see it to keep our hearts from becoming rotten.
The plastic wrap is like the bible. The closer we have it to us, pressed into our very being, the less bad stuff we will allow into our lives.

Yeah, I know, I get inspiration from some of the strangest places. The Lord speaks to me when I least expect it.